Sunday, August 17, 2008

You are my Sunshine

You are my Sunshine...my only Sunshine. You make me Happy when skies are grey. You'll never know dear, how MUCH I LOVE you, please don't take my sunshine away.

These are my three little sunshines in the sunflowers that blanket our mountain city after a string of monsoon storms, of which we've been thrilled to have many this summer.

I love when I see the first of these sunflowers pop up....and then I get just giddy when they start blanketing the land. I've even seen them growing out of rocks!
After picking up the kids from school on Friday, we did our annual photo shoot in the flowers. As is often the case with these three, things got a little silly.....and then things got even more silly...
Meagan is much more fond of taking pictures than having pictures taken of her, so I handed her the camera. Here is a slice of life from her perspective. The next six shots are hers. She plans to enter one of them in teh county fair in a couple of weeks:

James
picking a boquet
for his Momma.


PRETTY, PRETTY FLOWERS...

Charlie loves them all.

It only seemed appropriate, to continue relishing in these last days of summer with...
ICE
CREAM

CONES!!

Ice Cream always punctuates the perfect summer day with a smile, especially with prices like these:

Four ice cream cones (of course I had to have one too) for 2$, you gotta love it!



















2 comments:

Salty Incisor said...

Wow Meagan is awesome at taking photos. HOw cool!! This was a fun little tradition.

Salty Incisor said...

or is...I mean ttys