Friday, August 22, 2008

Out with the Old, In with the New

Out With the OLD...






In With The NEW...








It is time for new pair of shoes. Actually, it is way past time. I bought those old sneakers in 2005 to train for and do the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk to fight against breast cancer. The walk was 60 miles and the training was more than that, so right off the bat those shoes have some serious mileage on them. I paid a pretty penny for them and made some good memories in those shoes, so I held on to them much longer than I should have. So, I finally got some new shoes and am breaking them in with new memories. I did a short walk to a friend's house and back to get them in shape for the Climb to Conquer Cancer last weekend. Here they are on mile 6 of the 7-mile hike up the mountain road to our local ski resort.

Through the end of this month, you can learn more about this CLIMB and even contribute to the cause of eradicating cancer by clicking http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/CommunityFundraisingPages/CTCGreatWestDivision?px=5753050&pg=personal&fr_id=10197



1 comment:

Salty Incisor said...

just wondering if you are back from DENVER yet from the lovefest? I knew that is why you'd be busy til Fri ha ha