Thursday, February 26, 2009

MVP


James is nearing the end of his first season of basketball. I'm no sports fan, but I'm a HUGE fan of this player. James isn't one of those kids with a natural ability for sports, but he always gives it all he's got, and he is always so encouraging of his team mates and even his opponents. This earns him MVP in my book. A few weeks ago, the ball was passed to him and after lining himself up in front of the basket and taking a deep breath, he shot the ball and made his very first basket! At this point, I found myslef leaping out of the bleachers yelling, "Good Job, James!" A friend behind me laughed a bit and said, "Hmmm...I wonder who his mother is....?..." I am! And I couldn't be more proud.

4 comments:

dms said...

Great job, James!

Maah said...

Ahau! That sweet boy is a MVP in my book too!

Salty Incisor said...

what no real post on your Fri 13 bday

Angie said...

I got outta town on Fri the 13th. Thanks for the call! WE'll catch each other one of these days! :)