Sunday, March 13, 2011

That "Someday" is Now

My favorite movie of all time is When Harry Met Sally. Among the many great scences is this one where Sally looks to Harry for a shoulder to cry on when she learns her former boyfriend is getting married, while she still hasn't found the right guy:





I first saw this movie when I was 18, just after graduating from high school. Then, 40 was a long ways off (22 years to be exact). I've seen this gem of a movie almost every year of these 22. And for me, Sally's "Someday...!" is today. I'm happy to report I'm not sobbing in my bathrobe with a bad perm! So far it's been a great day in the sunshine at a lovely pool with my precious family.

3 comments:

Tash said...

Happy 40th I thought to call you yesterday but it was Sunday Night. I cut off my hair and had my age spots burned off at the dermatologist. I am glad that you were less dramatic than I was...I also threatened my husband that he better do something big but no people were to be involved just things!!! ha ha
I love all my pisces friends and you especially!!
I still can't believe it cuz my friends are all younger than me...I mean the ones I associate with cuz of kids and neighborhood etc...

Annette said...

Angie! I totally missed that it was a big one for you. You have grown from beautiful Little Angie to beautiful/wonderful Woman Angie. I hope to see you sometime in this 40th year of yours.

Deirdre said...

Can't believe I missed a post! Excited to see you blogging again:)