Saturday, July 12, 2008

Time in a Bottle

Life is so precious and the moments go by so quickly. So often, I just wish I could put the precious little moments in a bottle and keep them forever so that I might take them out and re-live the moments whenever I want. I really try to do this. I have scrapbooks to record the memories and milestones. I encouraged my grandmother to tell her stories over and over again (not that it took much encouraging). I drill my mom, aunt, and uncles for their life stories. I tell and retell my own childhood memories to my family and friends. I often "walk" down memory lane with friends, rekindling the magic of how we got to be friends. I do a lot of "remember when" with my patient husband. I write down the cute little things my kids say and even the hysterical things my husband says. Of late, I've really enjoyed reading the blogs of my friends and cousins. I've been enamored with their ability to capture the beauty that happens in the day-to-day of life. Sadly, there's no way to shove precious moments into a bottle (try as I might). But, keeping this blog will be yet another attempt to do so. Despite my admitted techno-phobia, I've finally worked up the nerve to wrestle with and talk nicely to this computer so that I might have a blog to call my very own. Thanks for visiting.

5 comments:

Deirdre said...

Awesome! Angie, I'm so happy you're doing this. And I know my boys will enjoy seeing their "God cousins" here. YAY! Welcome to the party:-)

Angie said...

D- You are too kind. Thanks for the inspiration to capture the day-to-day things that are so precious (and sometime not--see my 2nd post). Love, A.

LazyMF said...

Great to see you blogging, Cousin. Keep it up but don't ever let it be a burden. I'll be stopping by to read and enjoy.

Steph and Eric said...

wahoo! wahoo! wahoo! Angie I'm so excited to see the faces and read up on my favorite family!!!

Hopkinson said...

This blog is beautiful! I really enjoyed reading the WHOLE thing tonight! Love ya friend.
Tiff